From: Kay Ethier [mailto:kethier@travelthepath.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:00 AM
To: 'Carol Geyer'
Cc: dita-fa-edboard@lists.xml.org; patrick.gannon@oasis-open.org; 'JoAnn Hackos'
Subject: RE: Content Management Professionals Announces Formation of DITA Community

Hi Carol:

The "community" portion of CM Pros has to do with the idea that people with a common interest may set up an area for members with a
common interest. (It is members only.)

CM Pros -- Content Management Professionals -- is focused on CM.  A "community" just means that some group of our members wanted to
have a CM Pros area to work on DITA-related stuff.  Specifically, the mission of this DITA community is to take the CM Pros "best
practices document" and mark it up in DITA.  You can think of this as a small group project using DITA.  We want to see if we can
use DITA in this way and what bridges/mountains we'll have to span. The project is the focus of this community...kind of an
educational collaboration.  Some of the folks in the group know about DITA, and others don't, so gives a good opportunity for
education. It also gives the CM Pros site an opportunity to practice what it preaches about content and DITA.

This is *not* as you may fear a community that might overlap with the OASIS DITA Focus Area.

Hope this explanation helps,

Kay

1.919.244.8559