   Meeting on Nov 22, 05

Hi Folks,

Just a brief note on our decisions at the meeting last week.

In attendance: Michael, Bruce, Greg, Don, Carol, Jerry, JoAnn, Jen, Mary, and Eric

We should each go to the dita.xml.org website and check-in to create a new account with name and password. At present, that will give us full authoring privileges on the site.

We assigned people to particular pages -- Jerry will send out the list of who is assigned to what since he took those notes on line.

We decided that each editor write a first draft of a page description for his or her page and submit it to the Editorial Board for review. As you write your page description, which will appear on the home page for that community area (wiki), consider what you would consider valid input from the community. What would we expect and accept for the wiki area?

We also discussed the following:

1) Determine the workflow for the site and assign definitions to the various privileges and Greg outlined for us when he showed us the site: authenticated (has an account and can comment and vote), anonymous (search and read only), editorial board (us), and administrator (OASIS). We need to define how these roles will work.

2) Decide if we want to move the Yahoo user groups to this site. Yes, we do. We need to find out if Drupal can handle a mailing list and a permanent archive. Greg noted that we could use the Forum feature in Drupal. In a Forum, we can sort the Yahoo emails into different subject areas. The editorial board can determne the general broad categories for the subject areas initially. We can also foster interaction between Forum materials that can then become parts of the "static" area of the site. See the Drupal Forum at drupal.org as an example.

3) We learned that Drupal is considering providing DITA capability to the tool. We could then submit information in DITA.

4) Should we include an Extensions area to the community. Bruce Esrig recommends adding a subject area on Extensions so that people could discuss what they believe needs to be added to the model. Once the discussion grows specific, the Extension would be submitted to the Technical Committee.

We are planning the next meeting on Thursday at 2 pm EST.

JoAnn