   relative URIs, spaces, mixed case

Carol,

The problem you're having on the /about page has to
do with relative URIs, not with using spaces in
anchors.

I think it needs to be
     http://dita.xml.org/about#FocusAreaEditorialBoards

   - not just href="#FocusAreaEditorialBoards"
   - perhaps this would work, unsure: href="about#FocusAreaEditorialBoards"

   In this example, I did close up the gaps in the
   name (anchor), which had three SPACE characters; if one uses
   spaces, then the URI reference needs hex escape codes, and is very
   ugly (IMO) - see the '%20' strings

   http://dita.xml.org/#Focus%20Area%20Editorial%20Boards

Note that the fix I made in /about does not impact the display text:
it's still "Focus Area Editorial Boards" (spaces retained, so it's
not like a Wiki, which often creates a new document merely by typing
something like BiblioRefs.

You could create a shorter anchor, but suppose you did want the longer one...
which do you prefer?

   FocusAreaEditorialBoards
   Focus-Area-Editorial-Boards
   focus-area-editorial-boards

I see no reason to outlaw the first of the three; mixed case
(including camel case) is quite common, and even becoming
standard in some domains.  See examples here for XML names, which
are used (as substring components) to generate URIs in typical cases:

http://xml.coverpages.org/camelCase.html

Also, currently in my browser right now:

http://www.sybase.com/contactUsWorldwide
http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/dw/specs/ws-sca/SCA_AssemblyModel_V09.pdf
http://www.bea.com/dev2dev/assets/sdo/Next-Gen-Data-Programming-Whitepaper.pdf
http://www.iona.com/info/aboutus/LegalTerms-PrivacyPolicy.htm
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/webservices/standards/sca/pdf/SDO_Specification_Java_V2.01.pdf
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116

If you try to restrict/outlaw some kinds of spellings, I doubt
it will be a successful attempt, and playing spelling-cop will be
no fun at all.

I have some other personal preferences about spellings for filenames
and for Drupal's "anchor" (just CDATA), but won't attempt to
advocate for them here.  Too much to do...

- Robin