   RE: [dita-fa-edboard] DITA FA Priorities

I made a few screen shots just in case.

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:52 PM
To: 'Greg Rundlett'
Cc: dita-fa-edboard@lists.xml.org
Subject: [dita-fa-edboard] DITA FA Priorities

Greg,
On today's call the DITA FA Editorial Board prioritized the functionality we need for the Drupal implementation as follows:

*Primary*

1. Privileges/permissions. Currently, the editorial board can't edit existing pages. This is appears to be an on again/off again
problem, as some us could edit some pages yesterday.

2. Left nav links need to be aligned properly. The fixes I requested yesterday via email will be a big step forward.

3. Database. We need to be sure the database is working properly, i.e., it's able to keep track of the pages that we've been adding.
Yesterday, in order to update a page, Jen had to submit it multiple times until it found an empty node. Apparently, the page was
stored at the end instead of the beginning.

*Secondary*

4. Graphic design.

5. Forms for public input to Community Wiki pages. We have some questions on how this will it work. Once data is input, will it be
possible to display it using different criteria, i.e., will there be meta-data that people can use to view the information in other
ways, e.g. view events by date or by location?

6. Text editor. Short-term, we can muddle along with what we have now, but obviously, we need a better solution.

7. Formatting inconsistencies across browsers. On IE, the right nav falls to the bottom of the page. You also can't select text in
IE.

*Other*

8. Forum support.

9. User group support--allowing non-editorial board members to create new pages, post documents, etc.

10. Printing. At least some of us are unable to print pages.

Please a) let us know if any of the above is unclear, and b) advise when the primary items we've identified will be completed.

Thanks,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications