   Event Content Requirements

Attached is an annotated mockup for the Focus Area events page.

If I understand the Drupal content type model, I'd like to see a new content type for DITA events.  The interaction model is:

1. Authenticated users enter new events, via a form.  To enter a new event, they click on the "Add New Event" link, which will be available on the Events page, and possibly in other locations on the site.
2. Authenticated users can edit or delete events they have submitted.  An authenticated user will be able to see all the events they have created, use the form to update an event, or select an event for deletion.
3. People looking for events visit an event page, a dynamically generated page that lists all relevant events.  We may end up having several event pages; e.g. User Group meetings may be on a different page than other events, or we could even allow each user group to have their own event page.  This means that it must be possible to associate an event, or an event content type, with a specific page on the site.

A few additional requirements:

1. The event page should show events for the next 12 months, in chronological order, grouped by month.
2. At the beginning of each month, the list rolls over, dropping the previous month and adding a new month 12 months out.
3. Older events should still be viewable on an Event Archive page.  This page should also be in chronological order, grouped by month.

I'll work on a similar mockup and requirements for News and Announcements.

Regards,

Jerry

JERRY SILVER
Director, Product Management