From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 9:08 AM
To: JoAnn Hackos
Cc: dita-fa-edboard@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: [dita-fa-edboard] Add a DITA Testimonial

JoAnn,
I fixed your testimonial entry, but this is a good test case for
usability. I wonder if there are generic instructions for using the
text editor that we can link to, so any contributor will be able to do
simple things like designating plain text and linking. I'll
ask Moshe.

For your future reference, to create a link:

a) Select the text from within the "Body" window to which you want to
attach the link.

b) Choose the link icon which appears in the third line of icons at the
top of the "Body" window. It looks like a globe with a
two-linked chain in front of it.

c) A box will appear with a field for entering the URL.

As for your difficulty getting text out of Bold, there seem to be three
ways that bold is set--using the "B" icon, through the
"Style" menu, and through the "Format" menu. In your case, I de-selected
the style that was defaulting. In other cases, I've fixed
by selecting "Normal" from the "Format" menu.

I'm still working on how to designate anchor tags within a page. I
thought I knew how to do that, but everytime I try, the link
reverts to the homepage. If anyone has figured this out, please let me
know. If others are experiencing the same problem, maybe it's
an item for Moshe.

Carol