   RE: DITA Focus Area Forums

I just remembered Don's point about capturing GEMS on the site. Would we want a
Forum container for GEMS?

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 3:10 PM
To: 'dita-fa-edboard@lists.xml.org'
Subject: DITA Focus Area Forums

DITA FA Editorial Board:
I'm happy to report we have the dita-users Yahoo! Group feed posted on the
staging site (http://dita-staging.xml.org/forum). Links to the most recent five
posts are displayed in the right nav.

As Don says, we don't want to confuse or detract from the dita-users group, but
I do think we need to encourage the use of the Focus Area's Forums as a
reference for common issues. To that end, I've drafted the following topics that
might serve as useful Forum containers. Please review and send me your comments.
As someone mentioned on this week's call, when we see a particularly useful post
on dita-users list, we could ask that person to repost on the applicable FA
Forum.

Proposed Forum containers:

Specializations
 For support and collaboration on creating DITA Specializations

Editor Implementations
 For discussing experiences using DITA editors

Toolkit Issues
 For help in using the DITA Toolkit

Installation Issues
  For questions related to installing DITA

Post Installation Support
  DITA is up and running, now how do I...?

Paid DITA Support
  Job postings, consulting contracts, RFPs...

Translations
  For volunteers interested in translating the DITA spec into other languages

Feedback on this Site
  For questions on how to use this web site, bug reports, requests for support
from OASIS technical staff

Note: Please send your feedback to me via email and don't post anything directly
to the staging site at this point. We don't want it to be out-of-sync with the
public site.

Thanks,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
Voice: +1.978.667.5115 x209

OASIS Symposium: The Meaning of Interoperability, 9-12 May, San Francisco
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/