Re: [dita-fa-edboard] DITA bloggers

Hi Carol and All,

Thanks for having me on the DITA.xml.org Editorial Board.

A first rough draft of the DITA News aggregator is available at:
http://dita-staging.xml.org/aggregator/categories/4

We need to set up a "cron" to pull feeds on a regular schedule (every 12
hours?) and then the posts will interleave themselves by time.  The page
now shows news feeds in the order I manually added them (last in - first
out so eWeek is at the top).

We will be filtering the feeds on DITA-related keywords, so we need your
suggestions for important terms.

Cheers,

Bob.

Carol Geyer wrote:
> DITA XML.org Editorial Board,
> I am very pleased to announce that Bob Doyle, an OASIS member many of you know
> well, has joined the DITA XML.org Editorial Board. Bob's credentials are far
> too extensive for me to even try to summarize in an email. His web site,
> skybuilders.com, only represents a fraction of what he does now.
>
> Bob organizes the DITA Users Group in Boston and has been working with Seth and
> me to extend the news and blog aggregator functionality on dita.xml.org. Bob is
> experimenting with a new Drupal module that will automatically search selected
> RSS feeds for our keywords (e.g., DITA) and post appropriate headline links on
> our news and our blogs pages.
>
> If you are aware of anyone who blogs occasionally (and intelligently) about
> DITA on a site other than dita.xml.org--and whose blog is available via
> RSS--please let Bob know.
>
> As for news sources, we've started off with these:
>
> IBM developerworks
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/views/rss/customfeed.jsp
> Infoworld (standards) http://www.infoworld.com/rss/standards.xml
> Infoworld (top news) http://www.infoworld.com/rss/news.xml
> eWeek http://feeds.ziffdavis.com/ziffdavis/eweek/developer
> CNET http://news.com.com/2547-1_3-0-20.xml
> Internet news
> http://www.internetnews.com/icom_includes/feeds/inews/wr-dev-news-10.xml
> Government Computer News (policy)
> http://www.gcn.com/technology-policy/index.xml
> Government Computer News (top stories) http://www.gcn.com/index.xml
> Zdnet Asia http://www.zdnetasia.com/rss/latest_news.htm?n=10
>
> If you have any others we should add, please let Bob know.
>
> Thanks,
> Carol
>

> _________________________________
> Carol Geyer
> Director of Communications
> OASIS
> +1.978.667.5115 x209

Bob Doyle
Editor In Chief, CMS Review - http://www.cmsreview.com
Technology Adviser, CM Pros - http://www.cmprofessionals.org
Contributing Editor, EContent Magazine -
http://www.econtentmag.com/About/AboutAuthor.aspx?AuthorID=155
President and CEO, skyBuilders - http://www.skybuilders.com
77 Huron Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138