Re: [dita-fa-edboard] DITA bloggers

Hi JoAnn,

To have your news syndicated via RSS, you would need to be using a
weblog or news portal tool.

It's probably not more than a few hours work to migrate your content by
hand from the current website to a blog like WordPress, copying and
pasting the complete content of each newsletter into a single blog post.

I recently did this for a lot of my static html back to 2001 at
http://www.bobdoyleblog.com.

As I trained Kylene and Jen in the past to enter events on the CMS
Calendar, I would be glad to spend some time in a screen sharing session
showing them how to set up the blog and then back-dating posts on entry.

It will make your content more searchable and more accessible to search
engines, as well as providing RSS feeds in the future. I would continue
to maintain the old site. It has a 5/10 Google Page Rank and undoubtedly
many index entries at Google and other engines.

If you don't want to copy and move the old content, I recommend you just
start a new JoAnn Hackos blog and add the newsletter issues as blog
posts as they come out.

Hope this helps,

Bob.

JoAnn Hackos wrote:
> Carol,
> Could you add our e-newsletter as a news source? We don't always have a
> DITA article but do have one regularly. Here's the URL
>
> http://www.infomanagementcenter.com/enewsletter/enewsletter.htm
>
> Do we need to set up a news feed on our side?
> JoAnn
>
> JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
> President
> Comtech Services, Inc.
> 710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
> Denver, CO 80215
> 303-232-7586
> joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com
> joannhackos Skype
> www.comtech-serv.com

Bob Doyle
Editor In Chief, CMS Review - http://www.cmsreview.com
Technology Adviser, CM Pros - http://www.cmprofessionals.org
Contributing Editor, EContent Magazine -
http://www.econtentmag.com/About/AboutAuthor.aspx?AuthorID=155
President and CEO, skyBuilders - http://www.skybuilders.com
77 Huron Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138