DITA XML.org Communities of Practice Forums

This morning, I deleted a post made to the DITA XML.org Forum on Semiconductor
Communities of Practice, as it did not relate to DITA and was pretty overtly
commercial. (A reader complained to me.) I notified the author and pointed him
to our Editorial Guidelines and Code of Conduct.

I think it would be good if we could provide an intro post for each of the CoP
Forums (Semiconductor, Medical Devices, Telecommunications)--none of which
currently have any posts--to jump start the discussions, provide some
guidelines for the kinds of issues that are appropriate, etc.

Would anyone on the EdBoard be able to take this on? It doesn't have to be more
than a few sentences.

Should we revisit the idea of having a "deputy" assigned to monitor each of our
Forums on a weekly basis, just to keep dialogues moving? (OpenDocument XML.org
does this now. They have 2-3 monitors for each of their Forums. Their monitors
are experts in the topic but not necessarily members of the Editorial Board.)

Thanks,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
+1.978.667.5115 x209

Register for OASIS Adoption Forum:
"Managing Secure Interactions in Sector Applications"
28-29 Nov 2006, London
www.oasis-open.org/events/adoptionforum2006/