From: Don Day [mailto:dond@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:03 AM
To: dita-fa-edboard@lists.xml.org
Cc: carol.geyer@oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita-fa-edboard] Best forum structure for DITA OT requirements

Carol, I see that [[Title-based links]] for Wiki pages are still broken.
This has caused me to consider that using the Forum might be better anyway
for the kind of discussion I want to have for DITA-OT 1.4 requirements
gathering.  We'll still need a Wiki page for maintaining the evolving
requirements list, but the discussion about requirements needs to happen in
a forum environment.

So my question now is about where to place such a discussion. This is more
of a developers/stakeholders discussion, so it is not appropriate for the
current Using DITA > Toolkit category, which is described as user support.

What would you think about an Enhancements main category for Forums, having
two initial subcategories: OASIS DITA specification, and DITA Open Toolkit?
The latter would be a natural place for me to open the 1.4 topic, and the
former would help keep spec discussions in one location that the TC could
monitor more easily (it would start off with the general pointer to the
comment form, but I think people still need a forum for discussion in order
to help frame new requirements before finally going to that form).

Regards,
--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee