Fwd: Re: DITA markup for meaningful words

Re-sending ...

Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 21:06:41 -0400
To: <dita-fa-edboard@lists.xml.org>
From: Bruce Esrig <esrig@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject: Re: DITA markup for meaningful words
Cc: ehennum@us.ibm.com

More thoughts on Amber's article ... this ought to be a TC discussion, perhaps, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to attend those meetings in a while.

In order to move the discussion forward, I combed through the DITA 1.1 language specification, and came up with two tables. The first table is from markup to use. The second table is the useful one, from use to markup.

An article based on the second table could help a lot.

As a side issue, the DITA 1.1 architecture document could use some text on "properties" that provides the background for the <data> element.

Best wishes,

Bruce