RE: [dita-fa-edboard] DITApedia proposal

Bruce raises some great points.

As part of the import of seed content,  or afterwards, we can probably
automate some cross-linking between pages and linking to resources on
other sites. A lot of edits on Wikipedia are made by bots (coded by
volunteers) crawling around the site.

We haven't really discussed information architecture for the site, or
editorial policies. Wikipedia's content policies, and its process for
appointing administrators, have both been maturing for a long time.
We'll need to get a statement in place before kicking off a major wiki
endeavour. I think we can start with something relatively simple. For
the Yahoo dita-users group, the community tends to take care of itself
and very little intervention from moderators is needed.

One thing we'll need to come to a clear statement about  the scope of
the site. This would help maximize inclusion of useful information
without becoming overwhelmed by product promotion. For example, it would
be useful to have the page on the <image> element include a link to one
or more pages on how the Toolkit processes images. However, the Toolkit
isn't the only tool for publishing DITA, so does every publishing vendor
get to write a page on how their app  handles images, and add a link in
the <image> element page? (IMHO this should be allowed as long as it's
useful information and doesn't read like an advertisement).

Su-Laine