Re: [dita-fa-edboard] DITA wiki

I think that the ability to author DITA files in an online environment
is technically a cool and interesting thing to do, but I'm not convinced
that it is actually a good idea in practice for a publicly-maintained
set of web pages. The biggest problem that I see is that it offers way
too many tagging options, and the resulting content may not be very
usable. One way to mitigate the problem may be to expose a very pared
down set of tags. If this were only used by a limited group of people
who agreed on tagging standards, it could work nicely, but for the
general public use I think it would be more trouble than its worth.

I don't mean to discourage this development, because it would be really
nice to be able to provide this as a prototype for a web-based authoring
environment. Maybe we should start by setting this up as a sandbox
testing area and see where it can go from there.

...scott