Wikipedia pages on DITA

Hi all,

Recently I have been searching the Wikipedia for pages with references to DITA or ones that should have DITA references.

I enclose a list of Wikipedia page links and rough comments.

I recommend that we all pay some attention to these pages and consider editing them. Perhaps we can discuss this at the Ed Board meeting.

If you register with Wikipedia as contributors, you can add pages to your personal  "watchlist."

Over the weekend I created new Wikipedia pages for Structured Writing, Minimalism, John Carroll, and Bob Horn.

I added a section on Reuse of Information to the page on Reuse.

I'd like to see a few more new pages, like Information Development and Component Publishing. And maybe Writing for Translation (perhaps an addition to Translation or Localization pages).

I also added links, where appropriate, to dita.xml.org and to some of my DITA Users network of support sites.

I would like us all to critically review the main DITA page. I am unhappy with the basic definition lines fro Darwin, for Information Typing, and for Architecture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Information_Typing_Architecture

Personally, I do not understand the repeated use of semantic. Perhaps one of you can justify this to me.

Here is my list, which I maintain at http://www.ditausers.org/wikipedia/

I added "Category" links to many pages, so my new pages and many older pages now appear on the Technical communication category page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Technical_communication

Cheers,

Bob.
--