Re: [dita-fa-edboard] A more engaging nav

Hi Carol,

WiserEarth is a nicely designed site. It's one of few that design for the new XGA monitors (1024x768).

The site could definitely benefit from a usability makeover.

Perhaps we should all read Jakob Nielsen's book on Home pages, especially his five top recommendations.

For example, our home page title is "<soapbox> | DITA.XML.org". I think "DITA.XML.org Online Community" would improve our Google Quality Score.

Another key characteristic of optimized sites is to have the tagline in the meta description. We don't have a meta description.

Featuring the community contribution possibilities is fine, but the site itself cannot easily change the behavior of the community it serves.

Cheers.

Bob.