Re: [dita-fa-edboard] Wikifull Thinking

Hi Su-Laine,

Perhaps I was too hard on Wikipedia and MediaWiki in particular by slamming them all.

I have seen a convention for structure in the Wikipedia develop over the years and have indeed borrowed the structure of one Wikipedia page to start another that had the "encyclopedia article" styles. But I doubt that a casual contributor would be able to do that.

And I agree that there are just a few implicit information types.

My main point is that tools don't make craftsmen (or women) and that the magic of Wikipedia was in the individuals and the community's strong desire to have an Internet Encyclopedia.

Thanks,

Bob.