From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 3:24 PM
To: 'DITA Editorial Board'
Subject: Minutes: DITA XML.org EdBoard Meeting Jan 2008

Attending: Bob, Scott, Su-Laine, Bruce, Kris, Don, Kay, Carol

1. Historic data

Su-Laine raised the need to deal with historical pages that contain outdated
content. Team agreed that when it's necessary to maintain old content, we'll
add an html box at the top of the page to indicate it is historical and include
a link to where updated content resides.

2. Yahoo list

Team agreed that each EdBoard member will volunteer to monitor the yahoo
dita-users list for one month and encourage cross posts to DITA XML.org as
appropriate.

3. Inappropriate blogs

Team discussed the abundance of non-blogs in the Blogs section. We decided not
to require approval for creating a blog and not to put time into creating
detailed blog guidelines yet. Instead, we'll post clear directions on the
'Submit blog' form, and see if that helps weed out non-blogs. Team was unsure
how to handle existing non-blogs--should we delete them or contact the authors
and ask them to do it?

4. Resources

We agreed on the need to use the KB as a better index to items posted in the
RESOURCES Section.

5. User groups

Bob suggested we provide user groups with guidelines so they could handle their
pages consistently. Team agreed it would be good to let UG know their options,
but to give them latitude to handle their pages in the way that best meets
their group's need.

ACTION ITEMS:

-Su-Laine to tag historical pages and indicate where new topic pages in the
wiki are needed.

-Everyone to review Wiki KB (book) pages they've created and a) update or
remove as needed, b) add a "See also:" subhead at the bottom of the page with
links to appropriate items in the RESOURCES section, and c) email Carol if
redirects are necessary.

-Kris to monitor yahoo list in January and encourage appropriate cross-posts.

-Carol to add blog instruction text at http://dita.xml.org/node/add/blog.

-Kris to provide feedback on her experiences as a new User Group organizer, so
team can evaluate whether or not some sort of guidelines or instructions would
be helpful.

NEXT CALL:

  Thursday, 14 Feb
  2:00 - 3:00 EST
  Dial-in: +1-712-451-6000, access code: 380278