DITA Maturity Model link snafu

DITA XML.org EdBoard:
I figured out the problem with the DITA Maturity Model link in the Wiki KB.

The "DITA Maturity Model Q&A" link that appears on the "Most popular content" page goes to a News page (http://dita.xml.org/news/dita-maturity-model-qa) -- not a Wiki page.

The "DITA Maturity Model Q&A" link that appears on the Wiki KB outline page goes to http://dita.xml.org/book/dita-wiki-knowledgebase -- a page that doesn't exist.

The first question is, do we want this page to be a News page or a Wiki page?

Wiki pages are meant to be collaborative pages on topics related to using and understanding DITA. Any registered user can edit Wiki pages.

News pages (like Resources, Products, Services, and Events) can only be edited by the author. Users can append comments but they can't directly change the text.

Wiki pages can contain a "See also:" subhead with links to relevant News or Resources pages.

I think what we might want to do in this instance is link to the "DITA Maturity Model Q&A" in a "See also:" section at the bottom of the "Intro to the DITA Maturity Model" page (http://dita.xml.org/wiki/introduction-to-the-maturity-model) and on any other wiki page in the "DITA Maturity Model" section where it would be appropriate. I think we should remove the "DITA Maturity Model Q&A" link from the Wiki KB outline page.

Does that sound right?

Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications