   NXP

  • From: Peter@ursus.demon.co.uk (Peter Murray-Rust)
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 11:32:40 GMT

[I have changed the subject to 'NXP' so that if this parser is specifically
discussed in future there is a placeholder.  More general replies should
go the the thread on XML API or elsewhere.]

Welcome Norbert,
	You have an honoured position on this list having written a
very impressive piece of code to get us started.

In message <Pine.OSF.3.93.970302112022.5679B-100000@edusrv.edu.uni-klu.ac.at> Norbert Mikula writes:
[...]
> However, NXP is not dead. I will now try to sync with
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:-)  Runs fine on my machine!

> current status of disucussion, especially the API
> thread is interesting to me.

I have recently posted suggesting that we should try to consolidate
on a simple API to get us started.  My own development depends to a
significant extent on what API I can use after parsing.  I want it to
be very clearly separated, because I see a parser as being a 'bolt-in'
tool rather than a component which drives the rest of the application.
(Maybe this isn't possible, but it's worth trying for).

If you have missed any of the postings here they are all hypermailed
(see the list .sig)

	P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust, domestic net connection
Virtual School of Molecular Sciences

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers