   Re: Strong Typing in SGML and XML

  • From: Guy Teasdale <Guy.Teasdale@bibl.ulaval.ca>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 08:24:53 +0500

>> >Do you mean you there are several and you haven't decided between them?
>> >I thought that people had converged on a single one (I can't remember
>> >the number, it's something like 8601).
>>
>> I mean I spent half an hour poking around the Web and didn't come
>> up with anything right away.  If someone will send me a pointer to
>> the standard syntax, I'll put it in the draft.
>
>ISO 8601.  Being ISO it isn't on the WWW, but there is a very concise
>summary which I found at http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/  - just look
>for ISO8601 in the search engine.

You will find an article on this standard at:
http://www.ft.uni-erlangen.de/~mskuhn/iso-time.html
"A Summary of the International Standard Date
and Time Notation" by Markus Kuhn
With other links at the end of this article. The link mentionned to Gary
Houston text doesn't work, try this one:
http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/comp/Technical/SGML/doc/iso8601/ISO8601.html

The official source is in the ISO catalogue at:
http://www.iso.ch/cate/cat.html

ISO 8601:1988
Data elements and interchange formats -- Information interchange --
Representation of dates and
times

Edition: 1 (monolingual)
Number of pages: 14
Price code: G
ICS: 01.140.30
Descriptors: calendar dates, data representation, documentation, hours
(time), information interchange

Technical Corrigendum 1:1991 to ISO 8601:1988

Number of pages: 1

Last updated on 1997-05-03
Guy Teasdale 						tél: (418) 656-2131 - 2090
Bibliothèque de l'Université Laval			fax: (418) 656-7897
Sainte-Foy, Québec
G1K 7P4						Guy.Teasdale@bibl.ulaval.ca

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers