Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: Alexandre Mutel <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (XML-dev Mailing List.)
- Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 09:09:25 +0200 (MET DST)
In XML specs (like SGML features), they talk about entities inclusions in
a document... Something like:
<!DOCTYPE book [
<!ELEMENT book (#PCDATA) >
<!ENTITY including SYSTEM "http://server1.com/index.txt">
Okay,they say that with XML-SGML a document can be built with document-part-
included using entities facilities.
HTML doesn't make use of external entities but it can do inline image through
some tag... In XML specs i doesn't see any reference to TAG or special attri-
butes that can handle inclusion of document component (text,image,object).
I would like to know :
- if in the future, we 'll only use external entities to include a
document component ?
- anyelse, does XML will support special attributes for Tag to specify
that this Tag with this attributes can include something?
- or does this feature will be hardcoded in a browser, making the same
mistake than HTML?
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To unsubscribe, send to email@example.com the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (firstname.lastname@example.org)