   Re: MathML DTD

  • From: Joe English <jenglish@crl.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 17:00:54 -0700

Peter S. Housel <housel@ms7.hinet.net> wrote:

> The new MathML DTD (which I just started trying to include into my
> own DTD) has the same problem.  In fact it's a lot worse.  Has anyone
> (with more DTD experience than I have) tried cleaning up the MathML
> preliminary DTD so that it follows XML's stricter rules about when
> #PCDATA can be declared?

I wouldn't bother just yet.

The MathML DTD does not accurately describe the MathML
language as specified in the rest of the TR.  Since the
prose of the working draft is normative (according to the
warning at the top of appendix A), the DTD fragment is
somewhat less than useful.

--Joe English

  jenglish@crl.com

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers