   Re: XML, HTML and LaTeX2HTML

  • From: Norman Walsh <norm@berkshire.net>
  • To: Peter@ursus.demon.co.uk (Peter Murray-Rust)
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 09:56:43 -0400

> what is the a role for LaTeX2XML (sic)?

Conversion of legacy to XML? ;-)

> what is the role for XML2TeX?
>
> and has anyone been developing tools in this area?

JadeTeX provides a TeX backend for XML documents.  I wrote a
suite of tools for doing SGML publishing that would do SGML (and
trivially XML) to LaTeX, but I've abandoned them in favor of
Jade.  Faster, more portable, and easier to explain ;-)

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm
--
Norman Walsh <nwalsh@arbortext.com> | Whatever you do may seem
Senior Application Analyst          | insignificant, but it is most

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers