   Re: XML online and Entities

  • From: Jon.Bosak@Eng.Sun.COM (Jon Bosak)
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 21:25:10 -0700

[David Schach:]

| I noticed that XMLToc contains unescaped &'s inside of PCData.  This
| is legal SGML but prohibited in XML per section 2.4.

Yup.  This is (as we say in the software business) a known bug in the
process used to compile the DynaText binaries from the DocBook SGML
source.  It will get fixed the next time the books are rebuilt, which
unfortunately may be a little while.

| I think this example shows the need to revisit the entity expansion
| rules in XML.

Maybe.  Or maybe it just means that we have to live with a slightly
buggy test bed for the moment.  The team in charge of this is in the
toils of Solaris 2.6 finalization and probably won't be able to deal
with this for the next month or so.

Jon

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers