   Re: XAPI-J [was: JAX]

  • From: Jon.Bosak@Eng.Sun.COM (Jon Bosak)
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 22:27:44 -0700

[John Tigue:]

| For the benefit of XML conversations in Ireland, let's change to XAPI.
| Now Extensible Markup has an extensible API name.

Great.

| I'm focused on XAPI-J; is there any work in other language that I
| should be aware of?

There's already a validating XML parser in Tcl, and versions in other
languages are bound to follow.  Even so (and even trying to compensate
for my bias as a Sun employee), I think that there is, and is going to
be, such a powerful connection between XML and Java on the Web that
the default name for the Java XML API should be simply XAPI ("zappy"),
and all other versions should use the qualified names (Tcl-XAPI or
whatever).

Jon

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers