   XML sample application

  • From: jtigue@datachannel.com (John Tigue)
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 09:20:11 -0700

For your XML viewing pleasure, I have created a demo applet which allows
users to view CDF files. The applet is configured (from its html page)
to fetch a CDF file from its server and display any channels and items
in a tree. Users can click on the elements in the view and the browser
will call up the URL from the xml elements' href attribute. The applet
is at http://www.datachannel.com/xml/viewer (circa 500K, the parser is
about 100K of that). It has been shown to work on Netscape 3 and 4
(Windows, Mac, Sun) and MS IE 3 and 4. Please tell me if you have any
difficulties.

I used this experiment to test drive Xapi-J as it currently stands. As
such the applet's UI and logic consume the document through the Xapi-J
interfaces to the element tree. The applet could have used any
underlying processor which implements the Xapi-J interfaces.

--
John Tigue
Programmer

begin:          vcard