   Re: XML-Link: Relative URL expansion

  • From: MURATA Makoto <murata@apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 13:11:11 +0900

Tim Bray writes:
>More properly "containing resource", but yes.  Check the XML spec, section
>4.3.2, for some more details.

Let me point out a minor issue.  When the XML document is not stored
in anything but directly appears in the stream given to the XML parser, we
do not know what is the "containing resource".  Probably, relative URL's
in such XML documents are errors?

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)
Fuji Xerox Information Systems

Tel: 044-812-7230   Fax: 044-812-7231