   RE: Prototype OO was Re: Inheritance/defaulting of attributes

  • From: John Gossman <JohnGo@asymetrix.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>, "'Meltsner, Kenneth J'" <Kenneth.J.Meltsner@jci.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:38:31 -0700

	This is an excellent idea.  For declarative languages especially,
prototype is a very good model for  inheritance because it provides
default values for data fields and layouts of schemas, which is
primarily what you need (there is no behavior to inherit).  I have used
this as the basis for my XML based OXF (Open Exchange Format).  It seems
to be easier to understand for those who are not fluent in OO technique.

	John Gossman
	Asymetrix Learning Systems

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest