   SP-based SGML to XML app available

  • From: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
  • To: "XML Developers' List" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:58:32 +0700

At <URL:ftp://ftp.jclark.com/pub/test/sx.zip> you will find a very
preliminary release of an SP-based SGML to XML conversion application
(provisionally called SX).  This includes both source and a Win32 exe.
You will need SP 1.2.1 (available through
<URL:http://www.jclark.com/sp/howtoget.htm>), either the source or the
Win32 Unicode binaries.  I haven't tried compiling it on anything other
than Visual C++ 4.2. I plan to include this in a future SP release.

At the moment this is designed to handle the situation where you have
SGML documents that you want to deliver in XML. It doesn't yet provide
enough to handle the situation where you want to migrate your document
source from SGML to XML. In particular it doesn't try to preserve entity
references; all entities are expanded.

Included in the distribution is a list of ideas for possible
improvements (todo.htm).  I would be interested to get feedback on the
relative importance of these.

James

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest