Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: Chris Lovett <email@example.com>
- To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 17:21:20 -0800
See http://www.microsoft.com/standards/xml/xmlparse.htm for details.
I would like to thank all those people who sent bug reports and
suggestions. This is a newer version of the parser than the one
included in IE 4.0. A lot went into this version including:
* Case sensitivity
* Conditional sections in the DTD (INCLUDE and IGNORE keywords)
* Full support for NAMESPACES (see
* Support for the ENCODING attribute on the XML tag
* Support for the XML-SPACE attribute in regular XML and in the
* Support for the RMD attribute on the XML tag
* Support for W3C DOM ignorable whitespace nodes.
* Support for processing of external text entities.
* Optimization on Windows that makes parsing 4 times faster.
Other non-spec experimental things that were added:
* New Document save options for COMPACT and PRETTY save formats
(the default save option uses the ignorable whitespace nodes to save in
exactly the same format as the original document).
* Support for floating ampersands, e.g., "This & that"
* Support for empty end tags, e.g., <Foo>bar</>
* New helper classes like ElementCollection, TreeEnumeration, etc.
For a detailed description of changes see
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:email@example.com)