   RE: </> as end tag

  • From: Jon.Bosak@eng.Sun.COM (Jon Bosak)
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 11:11:10 -0800

[Chris Lovett:]

| As for blatant attempts at subversion, I'm just a country boy from
| Australia, I don't get involved in that sort of thing :-) So, enough
| politics.  I'm more interested in constructive feedback from people
| you have actually played with the new parser....

Thank you so much for providing the alternative interpretation that I
asked for.  I really didn't want to see the inclusion of a nonstandard
extension in your parser as an attempt to make changes to the standard
by going outside of the process.  I'm very glad to hear that that is
not what you had in mind.

So, now that you're aware that the effect of leaving the code as an
option in the parser will be to encourage nonstandard implementations,
when do you intend to remove it?

Jon

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest