Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: "Anderson, Bernerd J" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "'email@example.com'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 13:10:57 -0800
I'm trying to find some information about loading data in an XML format
into an Oracle 7.3 database and am close to 'scraping the bottom of the
barrel' without finding anything useful!
I have a customer requirement to export data from any of several
relational databases (Oracle, Sybase, Informix, etc.) into an XML
formatted data file, transport the file across the internet, and load it
into an Oracle 7.3 database. SQL*Loader doesn't support this format and
I'm not aware of any other means of accomplishing this task.
I've submitted an Oracle TAR, tried the MetalLink (Oracle Support)
forum, emailed questions to several of my colleagues, and cruised
various web sites, following threads - all without success.
Questions that I need answers for are:
1) Is there a utility that will translate XML formatted files into a
format readable by SQL*Loader (binary or character)?
2) Are there any known means of loading an XML formatted file into
Oracle, besides SQL*Loader?
3) Has anyone had any experience loading XML formatted data files into
4) Can XML formatted files be created from Oracle 7.3?
If you can answer 'yes' to any of the above questions, details would be
Thanks in advance,
Bern Anderson (509) 375-2483
Battelle Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
P.O. Box 999 MSIN: K7-63, Richland, WA 99352
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:email@example.com
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)