   Re: Resources/Glossary Available?

  • From: Richard Light <richard@light.demon.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 07:17:18 +0000

In message <199711062227.OAA01902@mehitabel.eng.sun.com>, Murray Altheim
<altheim@mehitabel.eng.Sun.COM> writes
>I recently picked up a copy of Richard Light's 'Presenting XML', published
>recently by Sams.net Publishing (ISBN 1-57521-334-6), and while *already*
>a bit dated and inaccurate (due to changes we've made since the book went
>to print late this Spring), it provides a fairly comprehensive explanation
>of XML and plenty of help in understanding the key concepts. I can
>certainly recommend it.

It was a bit later than that, actually.  The original text was delivered
by 17 July (engraved on my heart, that date!).  This meant that the 30
June updates to XML-Lang and XLL are reflected in the book - I had to do
major work on the linking chapter to achieve this!

>I couldn't find it in the book, but perhaps Richard could provide an online
>errata document for the book, and list that in the book itself.

We are putting an errata list onto the book's accompanying web site.
However, it's unlikely that I will have time to track all changes to the
XML spec.  This is just a list of things that I got wrong (or to be
precise, the things I got wrong which Tim didn't spot!).

Let me know of any actual errors and I will happily post them to the web
site.

Richard Light.

Richard Light
SGML/XML and Museum Information Consultancy
richard@light.demon.co.uk

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)