   Re: Access Languages are Tied to Schemas

  • From: Jonathan Robie <jwrobie@mindspring.com>
  • To: Joe Lapp <jlapp@acm.org>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 12:11:03 -0500

At 11:52 AM 11/20/97 -0500, Joe Lapp wrote:

>Do we expect general SGML/XML repositories to be powerful
>enough to allow them to represent almost any domain-specific
>object model?

Yes. There are at least three SGML/XML repositories that claim to be able to
import any SGML document, and which also support XML. To my knowledge, none
of them currently supports queries that take advantage of the relationships
expressed in links, but at least two of them support queries that combine
structure and content in at least some form, and which support queries based
on containment relationships.

Jonathan
jonathan@texcel.no
Texcel - http://www.texcel.no