   MONDO Design Document v0.3

  • From: "Mark L. Fussell" <fussellm@alumni.caltech.edu>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 06:40:40 -0800 (PST)

The first public release of the MONDO Design document is available at:
    http://www.chimu.com/projects/mondo/design/mondoDesign.pdf

The home page for the MONDO project is:
    http://www.chimu.com/projects/mondo/

The following is the first overview paragraph:
This document describes MONDO, a generalized architecture for encoding,
modeling, and processing information.  MONDO is the result of evolving
and integrating the concepts from descriptive markup with the concepts
from object-oriented information modeling.  This produces a very flexible
and powerful system for working with both structured documents and
human-readable information models, and removes the boundaries separating
them.  The techniques and tools from multiple industries can be focused
on common problems.

The document is not quite where I was hoping it would be, but enough of
the core concepts are there that it should be readable.  Another version
of the document will come out in the next week or so to address some of
the difficiences and the feedback that I receive.

We normally publish documents in HTML as well as PDF but the conversion
program is crashing over some of the diagrams and we have not had time to
track them down and fix them.  This will be fixed in the next release.

The release of MONDO-J code will probably be next week and I will send
out notice when it is downloadable.

All feedback is very appreciated.

--Mark
mark.fussell@chimu.com

  i   ChiMu Corporation      Architectures for Information
 h M   info@chimu.com         Object-Oriented Information Systems
C   u    www.chimu.com         Architecture, Frameworks, and Mentoring

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest