   MIME Notations

  • From: "Rick Jelliffe" <ricko@allette.com.au>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:09:52 +1100

There have been several serious complaints about my FPI for MIME.
I have asked for clarification from the relevant standards body.

In the meantime, if we are nervous and need an FPI now, instead of using

<!NOTATION GIF
	 PUBLIC "+//IDN ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2046.txt//NOTATION
         Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions::image/gif//EN">

we could decide on (if the XML-DEV leaders give their blessing)
something like

<!NOTATION GIF
	 PUBLIC "-//XML-DEV//NOTATION
         ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2046.txt::Multipurpose
	         Internet Mail Extensions::image/gif//EN">

I will let this list know what the outcome is.  Until then, better
safe than sorry.

Rick Jelliffe

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest