   Microsoft's JScript XML Sample

  • From: Craig Gingell <cgingell@lavasys.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 17:50:30 -0500

I am keen to exploit the potential of XML in a project I am currently
working on.

I have visited the Microsoft website page
http://www.microsoft.com/msdn/sdk/inetsdk/help/itt/xml/overview/Sample_4
.htm#Sample_4
and cut and pasted the JScript to my own file. Here is my file -

I then enter
http://www.microsoft.com/standards/xml/samples/Email.xml
as the XML file I wish to parse.

I then get the following error -
An error has occurred on the script on this page
Line 134
Char 5
Error The tag is invalid
Code 0

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or is it just me ?

I am running Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 version 4.71.1712.6 on NT

Can anyone help me ?

Craig Gingell
Senior Software Developer
Lava Systems Inc
cgingell@lavasys.com
Title: JScript XML Sample

JScript XML Sample

This page demonstrates using XML in JScript. Enter a valid XML or CDF file in the text box below and it will be parsed using MSXML and JScript. CDF is based on XML. Information about each element in the file will be displayed in another window. For more information on CDF, please see the Internet Explorer 4.0 authors and developers site.

Enter an XML or CDF file name: