   Re: LISTRIVIA (was Re: msxml 1.8 questions)

  • From: "Don Park" <donpark@quake.net>
  • To: "Peter Murray-Rust" <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>, <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 14:14:31 -0800

>It's probably a poor idea to attach material that is going to a mailing
>list which is then hypermailed. I have instances where non-printables have
>crashed the Hypermail system on our machine, and the attachments don't go
>anywhere useful.

Sorry about that.  I have now uploaded XMLStreamReader.java at:

    http://www.quake.net/~donpark/XMLStreamReader.java

I will keep it there until the corrected version of MSXML 1.8 is released
(should be RSN).

It turns out that NullElementFactory.java is not needed because it is inside
msxml.java.  Just recompile and you should get the NullElementFactory.class
file.

>BTW it would be extremely useful to collect together all the MSXML-related
>material somewhere since I think some of us are now confused by what we
>need to download and what to so with it :-). And is there a WORA version
>yet :-)

I agree but I am short of disk space on my web site.  Anyway, I am willing
to take responsibility for XML example files and DTDs.

MSXML 1.8 runs just fine on the latest JDK and MS Java SDK.

Don

> P.
>
>Peter Murray-Rust, Director Virtual School of Molecular Sciences, domestic
>net connection
>VSMS http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/vsms, Virtual Hyperglossary
>http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg
>
>xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev@ic.ac.uk