   RE: Problems with whitespace and msxml

  • From: "Alexander Hinds" <ahinds@poboxes.com>
  • To: "David Megginson" <ak117@freenet.carleton.ca>, <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 13:18:59 -0800

> In other words, the value of xml:space should _not_ affect the
> information that msxml returns to your application; instead, it is up
> to your application to read the value, if present, and to take
> appropriate action.  Msxml should return all whitespace, no matter
> what.
>
> I have heard rumours that xml:space may some day be removed from the
> core XML spec and put into a separate "XML Conventions" spec -- that
> would be a very good idea.

David-

Thanks.  Oddly enough, though according to MS' docs:

--
Section 2.10 says that xml-space can be specified on any element controlling
whether white space is preserved or normalized. The default is to normalize

--

Well, nomatter what I do it doesn't seem to do anything with the xml-space
attribute.  Moreover, it doesn't seem to actually set the attribute for any

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)