   Update: JavaScript XML Parser

  • From: "Jeremie Miller" <jeremie@netins.net>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 21:18:32 -0600

I just finished updating the parser to fix a few bugs and add some more
features.  It now parses CDATA, PI's, and Comments.

As suggested, I'll be reading the DOM spec and add some compatibility to the
API.  I also looked at the XSL proposal and it looks like I can easily do
some of the simplier parts of it.  The only drawback to using JavaScript has
been the inability to directly access URL's, all of the input has to be
pasted in via a textarea.

Thanks for the feedback so far, hopefully this can be put to some good use!

http://www.jeremie.com/xparse/

Also, I have LOTS of questions about the XML spec, but I am going to bite my
toung until I get a better grasp on it...

Jeremie Miller
jer@jeremie.com
http://www.jeremie.com/

(un)subscribe xml-dev