   Re: SAX: Naming and Packaging (question 10 of 10)

  • From: Jon.Bosak@eng.Sun.COM (Jon Bosak)
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 20:52:38 -0800

[Peter Murray-Rust:]

| I am also really impressed by you foresight in thinking
| about XML 6 years ago and this would be a fitting tribute.

Er... I was referring to the address bosak@netcom.com as six years
old, not the xml.org name.  I snaffled that one about a year ago, and
it wasn't my idea; someone sent me mail asking why we hadn't grabbed
it yet.  I was about three days too late to get xml.net as well, which
ended up with some company in Asia that I believe has no idea what XML
is.

For the record, "XML" as the name for a subset of SGML designed for
the Web was suggested by James Clark in a message to the old SGML ERB
dated August 19, 1996.

Jon

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest