   Re: Status, Parsers, and Clients

  • From: "Don Park" <donpark@quake.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 13:17:10 -0800

David,

>While I'm thrilled with the response, I also want to remind everyone
>that the SAX interface is not yet finalised, and all drivers and
>clients will need to be modified (hopefully only slightly) to support
>any changes that we agree on for the final interface.  I hope to be
>through my crunch in a week or two, then I'll summarise all of the
>changes that have been proposed to start off the next discussion.

I am prepare to promptly update SAXDOM whenever SAX or DOM spec changes.

>I've also been doing more work trying to fix the MSXML SAX driver
>further -- it's been by far the most difficult to implement (see my
>comments in the MSXMLDriver.java source file for details), and the one
>I released yesterday still has problems.  I'll release my newest
>version in a day or two.

Since Chris seems to be buried in snow, I can take over maintenance of the
MSXML driver after you release the newest version.  When everything is
stable, I'll ask Chris (nicely) to put it in the next MSXML parser package.

Keep going David, we are right behind ya.

Don Park
http://www.quake.net/~donpark/index.html

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest