   MSXML C++ Parser (IE3.0 vs IE4.0)

  • From: "Bill Sanstrom" <billsand@ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 11:20:13 -0600

I have searched high and low for an resolution to this dilema:

The MSXML C++ parser only works if IE4.0 is installed.  I am trying to use
the parser for data exchange between applications all residing on a local
machine.  I am not concerned about browsing at this time, just the parsing
and creation of the XML files.

The IXMLDocument::put method fails if IE3.0 is installed.  I have installed
and registered the msxml.dll component and am assuming the problem is
caused because it depends on other components.

Has anyone been able to parse a local XML file using the msxml.dll via VC++
without having IE4.0 installed?  If so, what other components are require?
(Note: the simple XML VC++ program I am developing works great when IE4.0
is installed).

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

			Bill Sanstrom
			billsand@ix.netcom.com

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest