   Re: Foreign object inclusion WAS: Namespaces, Architectural Forms, and S

  • From: "Don Park" <donpark@quake.net>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 03:28:12 -0800

As far as I can see there are two problems:

1. Embedding Binary Data inside XML document

This problem is solved with BASE64.  I wish we can specify it in the DTD but
its workable now.

2. Binding XML and its related files into a single package

MHTML works pretty well in 'document' oriented problems and there is no
reason why we can not adopt it.  Lets call it MXML and just go with it.  In
non-document oriented problems, MHTML does not work too well because data is
laid out sequentially rather than multiplexed to reduce latency.  I guess it
will be a while befoer WebTV uses XML in a major way...

Don Park
http://www.quake.net/~donpark/index.html

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest