   Microsoft's XML parser...

  • From: Harry Cheung <hcheung@parc.xerox.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:50:15 PST

I'm using Microsoft's Java XML parser(1.8) to
generate xml, and I've run into a hitch.  In building a xml document,
I construct a XML document using the object model, adding children
elements, etc.  Now, I need to grab a XMLOutputStream from it so
that I may send it on a FileInputStream.  However, when I call the
"save" method of Document, the XMLOutputStream returned doesn't
deal with the namespaces and as a result, causes a parse failure when
I try to parse the generated file.  Here's a main section of the code:

ByteArrayOutputStream outputStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
XMLOutputStream xmlstream = doc.createOutputStream(outputStream);
doc.save(xmlstream);
System.err.println("XMLDocument:\n" + new String(outputStream.toByteArray()));

doc is a instance of Document and the output that I print doesn't have the
namespaces substituted.  Now, am I going about this all wrong?
Am I missing something?

Harry Cheung
hcheung@parc.xerox.com

(un)subscribe xml-dev