   RE: MS XML Parser on the Server

  • From: Jim Lears <JimL@Alphag.net>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 18:35:45 -0500

Server.CreateObject in VBScript is used for creating instances of COM
objects. The Java XML Parser doesn't expose any COM interfaces...notably
IClassFactory which is used to instantiate COM objects. The C++ version
is what you need...its an ActiveX control. The source code for both
parsers is available. If you insist on using the Java version, you could
mod it up to sport a COM interface..

Helping To Destroy The English Language