Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: "Don Park" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "David Megginson" <email@example.com>, "xml-dev Mailing List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 07:24:06 -0800
I agree with most of the changes especially the KISS solution to multiple
input type problem.
I have just two recommendations:
1. Keep Public ID.
2. Use System ID instead of Public ID.
End result is that we just have two new methods in Parser and no change to
My reasons are:
1. Who knows where that rubber chicken will come in handy?
2. It is trivial for a SAX parser implementor to extract baseURI from URI.
3. It is not trivial and rather confusing for a SAX user to figure out what
the base URI is.
So the method signatures would be:
parse (String pubID, String sysID)
parse (String pubID, String sysID, InputStream is)
parse (String pubID, String sysID, char ch, int offset, int length)
PS: Parameter orders were changed because I prefer to append new arguments
For the new methods, pubID and sysID are used to tell the parser that "data
from the given stream or character array should be treated as if it came
from given pubID and sysID".
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:email@example.com
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)