   Re: SAX: finalising org.sax.xml.Parser

  • From: Juergen Modre <jmodre@edu.uni-klu.ac.at>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 16:03:03 +0000

> In an ideal world, we'd also have some kind of ability to ask to
> parser to turn validation on or off, but I'm not certain that that's
> practical: any thoughts?
I thinks that is practical and necessary.

One solution would be to have methods like:
 void setValidation(boolean validation)
 boolean getValidation()

These methods can be called before starting to parse with
the parse() method.

I also think a parse method with an systemId only as parameter would be
convenient. (With targeting to users rather new to XML
and not very used to the publicId's).

public abstract void parse (String systemId)

This would also avoid the need to call every time
entityHandler.resolveEntity() to resolve the Entity.

 JUERGEN MODRE
 Reisdorf 6
 A-9371 Brueckl
 Austria (Europe)