   RE: Interesting Press Release from O'Reilly

  • From: Gavin McKenzie <gmckenzi@JetForm.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>, 'Paul Prescod' <papresco@technologist.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 15:10:39 -0500

I realize that comments on the press release aren't really on topic for
this group, but...

I don't want to start a 'this scripting lang is better than that
scripting lang' religious argument, but I'm hoping that we can all see
that ECMAScript (JavaScript) is a current and lightweight scripting
language handled by a standards body.

Further, you can get implementations on lots of platforms.  There's a
freely available engine called FESI (can't remember the URL) and an
engine available on alot of platforms from a company called Nombas
(www.nombas.com).

Just wanted to point it out, given that XSL already seems to have
ECMAScript in it, and it is more accessible to non-developer types like
my customers than Perl.

Gavin.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest